Saturday 8 January 2011

So they say…


I’ve posted this video in honor of my father, who is celebrating his birthday today. Once upon a time, by way of a collection of open reel tapes and LP records, he introduced mini-me to a pair of really huge headphones, then to the three B’s: Beethoven, Brahms… and the Beatles! 



And Bach too for that matter. And even a little Tchaikovsky… Musical humorist Victor Borge could imitate them all, even as a child - but only to a single tune.


The fourth B - Bulgarian - I discovered on my own. Because it's one of those "guy gifts," here's a coffee mug for you, Dad: 4PD cup. It says (in Bulgarian) "Happy Birthday" and wishes you "much health, love, and luck!" Oh, and 'ti cherpish...'

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you. Those are lovely memories, the open-reel tapes, the big headphones, the multiple B's, the lot! And thanks for the 4PD cup, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! When I commented before, I hadn't yet listened to the Borge. Another B to be remembered with love and affection!

    ReplyDelete